Monday, May 5, 2008

March For Babies-Thank you.



Last weekend, the girls and I, along with Ian's parents, our sitter Sarah and our friends Eric and Barb Lehman (and thier 2 kids) participated in the March of Dimes, "March for Babies". The 'march' consisted of a 8.5 mile walk (tour of Cedar Rapids as I recall). I am proud to report that the Lehman family (and Sarah) did finish the walk. For the Fox family it was a little more of a challenge. First of all, the walk started at 7:30 am, so we had to get the girls up early and fed...which really cramped our schedule. It was also cold that day, so we bundled everyone up, loaded them in the limo stroller and we were off....kinda...I think we stopped every 50 feet to manage somebody. About 2 miles into the walk, Stella and Zoe had enough, so Grammie and Grandpa Fox caught a ride back to the park. Abby was asleep, so I decided to trek a little further....boy was I stupid. I think that we made it about 5 miles, then I was wiped, so we caught a ride back to the park to enjoy the food and see some of our favorite St. Luke's NICU staff. As you can see, we made our own team shirts which consisted of the kids' premie pictures on front and names on back. Barb and I had a blast making them!

Thanks all of you who donated money (on what little notice I gave you) to us for this wonderful cause. Our team raised $1200. That's pretty good for our first go round!