Friday, April 16, 2010

We DO love our new brother Rowan

The girls have finally warmed up to having Rowan around and truly are great big sisters, not hesitating to get something for me if I need it or give Rowan his pacifier the moment he starts crying. Okay, so maybe it's more of "well, I guess we are stuck with the guy so we better keep him quiet". Either way, I wouldn't change it for the world!

The other morning I sat Rowan in his bouncy chair while getting the girls ready for school, I entered the living room to find Abby knelt down next to Rowan reading a Dr. Seuss book to him and showing him the pictures...yes it made my heart melt!




Then there's Stella...you can't keep the girl away from the boy!!






Zoe has been the most resistant to having Rowan around, not wanting to hold him, help feed him or take a picture with him unless someone else was in the picture with her...well that's what you saw looking on. But if you weren't paying that close of attention to her (or let her catch you watching) she actually spends the most time by Rowan, touching him and kissing him. I think she's finally given up her game and actually asked to hold him and likes to come and help hold the bottle if he's eating...and will take pictures with him alone! Such big milestones we've crossed!