Friday, May 21, 2010

2 Month Check-Up

I know you have all anxiously been waiting to hear what Rowan's official weight is, so here are the details. Today was Rowan's 2 month check-up today complete with 3 shots and a "drink" to prevent him from getting Rotavirus (basically the baby flu). The overall exam went well and Dr. Nau was pretty impressed with how much he's grown. No concerns about the umbilical hernia as it should heal on it's own. Today's measurements placed him in the 81% for weight and 61% for height.

Weight: 14 lbs, 14 oz
Length: 24 1/4 inches long
Head: 42 cm.




Of course I wanted to see how he "measured up" to the girls at this same age so of course I pulled out their journals. My first discovery that "age wise" this is about the time that the girls were discharged from the NICU. At a combined weight just shy of 18 pounds:

Abby- 5lbs, 11 oz
Zoe- 6lbs
Stella- 6lbs, 4oz.

And I finally remembered to bring my camera today, so here are a few pics of the kids with Dr. Nau-we just love him!